Tooth Protectors has a school-based program where we travel into the schools providing preventative dental care to grades Pre-K to 12th grade.
We are a Maine based organization, with a team of insured, licensed, fingerprinted, registered, PHS (Public Health Status) dental hygienists. Our team travels throughout the state with portable equipment providing much needed preventative dental hygiene care.
We provide dental clinics at school and work hand-in-hand with the school’s dental clinic coordinator. Clinic dates are set up ahead of time, forms are sent out to parents and Tooth Protectors can stay as many days as needed to see all participants.
DID YOU KNOW…
- Tooth decay is the most common chronic childhood disease that can be prevented!
- Dental caries (cavities) is the most common chronic disease of children- FIVE TIMES more than asthma.
- Approximately 51 million school hours per year are lost because of dental related issues.
- Dental related problems result in pain, failure to thrive, reduced self-esteem, decrease in concentration and missed time from school.
- Over ONE THIRD of Maine children have dental caries (cavities)
- Early childhood caries is the best predictor of lifelong caries
Tooth Protectors Eliminates 3 Barriers to Dental Care
Access to Care:
We increase access to care by providing services as school, during school hours.
We come to you. By being in the communities where are services are needed most we reduce/eliminate the cost of travel for our patients.
We accept MaineCare insurance, as well as other insurance. We also offer affordable rates for those without dental insurance, so that all Maine families can access regular preventative dental care.